"My Boyfriend has been a very bad boy", said Beckett in Season 2 Episode 16 The Mistress Always Spanks Twice, another ‘undercover’ episode.
Castle is getting better and better every episode, Why?
1. Because, in 2x16, we HAVE the best interaction between the two;
"What aren’t you telling me? asks Castle.
"So much, castle, So very very much" replies Beckett.
Castle: C’mon! Haven’t you ever wanted to do something with your handcuffs other than arrest criminals?
Beckett: No. But there is one hot, wild, kinky thing that I do like doing…(Castle looses his grip on the table he’s leaning into) Putting killers behind bars!
2. Because in 2x16 we HAVE the best ‘job partners-interaction’ ever;
Castle: Maybe our killer has a sweet tooth.
Beckett: Given the state of undress I would say it’s more likely a sexual fetish.
Lanie: I can do the chocolate. I will even do the whipped cream bikini, but caramel? I prefer slippery to sticky. Castle: (To Ryan) Does she know we can hear her?
[Castle, Beckett and Esposito looking at the suspect in the interrogation room]
Beckett: Castle, why don’t you sit this one out? I think Mr. Caraway will respond better to a strong…[zips up her jacket] …female hand
[After Beckett walks away, Castle grins with Esposito]
Castle : Sam-I-Am. In a box. With a fox. We’re gonna need some popcorn.
3. Because in that episode, Kate plays a dominating woman and ‘teaches’ us the difference between a strong woman and a controlling and manipulative one.
4. Because in that episode, we HAVE the best ‘codependent’ interaction ever. Castle’s writers and its audience become codependent as we both reveal the same lesson;
"Always be cautious!", said I.
- 1. Because, ‘Being with someone’ implies ‘knowing that person’. In 2x16 the victim, Jessica Margolis, had another life as Mistress Venom, a life her boyfriend wasn’t aware of. However, that was not the motive and he was not the murderer.
PS: ‘Be cautious’ lesson #1; how well do you know the person you are with?
- 2. Because, ‘Being with someone’ implies 'making choices'. And that what Jessica did in 2x16. She chose to leave her roommate to live with her boyfriend. that was the motive and she was the murderer.
PS: ‘Be cautious’ lesson #2; it doesn’t matter whether the relationship is sexual or platonic, violence can erupt whenever and anywhere.
’Always be cautious!’ said Castle.
[When Alexis tells Castle and Martha that she’s giving up on cheerleading]
Castle: Well, we both learned a valuable lesson today. You learned that you can expand your horizons and grow. I learned that, if that involves short skirts and boys, [sternly] I’m not going to like it.
Alexis: Fair enough.
PS: ‘Be cautious’ lesson #3; you are growing up just be STRONG but CAUTIOUS too !!!
CCL: Castle is THE show that we Always have to watch Twice. Each time you learn something new.